Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Cleaning: Kitchen/Dining Room

Wednesday's project was the kitchen and dining room. Tony helped me move out the last of the stuff in the dining room (other than the table and chairs of course!). It was mostly just stuff that had kind of accumulated in there. I realized once I got on here to blog that I didn't take any pics of the dining room. It's pretty simple. Walls, a big window. Table and six chairs, LOL.

The kitchen was not bad, I try to keep it cleaned up as much as possible. I love to cook and you just can't cook in a dirty kitchen (well, I can't, anyway). So here is the kitchen, clean dishes in the dish drainer and cake fresh from the oven!



The kitchen is really the heart of the home. I find that working in the kitchen, whether it's cleaning or cooking, helps me through stressful times. It's like therapy to me!
I have a little decorative plate (in fact you can see it hanging in the center of the window in the pic above) that once belonged to my great-grandmother. It has a pic of an old pot-bellied stove and a kitchen prayer that reads:
Bless my little kitchen, Lord
I love its every nook.
And bless me as I do my work,
Wash pots and pans and cook.


May the meals that I prepare
Be seasoned from above
With Thy great Blessing and Thy Grace
But most of all--Thy Love.
As we partake of earthly food
The table Thou hast spread
We'll not forget to thank Thee, Lord
For all our daily Bread.
So, bless my little kitchen, Lord,
And those who enter in,
May they find naught but joy and peace
And happiness therein.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...