Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Showers of Blessing


I signed into Blogger to write this up and had to laugh when I saw that my sister-in-law had posted a blog about the rain, too. I guess the weather is just inspiring today!
I started out the day with a to-do list in mind, things I wanted to get done around the house. It looked like this:
Clean bathrooms
Organize hall closets (game closet and linen closet)
Deep clean Jake's room
Get laundry caught up
Well, by lunchtime I had the laundry half finished and the closets done, but my motivation had gone down to zero. I was vegging out on my bed and talking to Becca when all of a sudden we saw a bright flash (and I mean BRIGHT, like LED lights!) of lightning followed by a big boom of thunder.
It lightninged and thundered for fifteen or twenty minutes and then the rain came pouring down.
There was my motivation!
I love, love, LOVE, LOVE rainy days and thunderstorms are the best! That kind of weather always makes me feel domestic. There is just something about being safe and cozy in your little house with your children while the storm rages outside that I love. It took me just over an hour to get the rest of the stuff on my to-do list finished and it was still raining when I finished!
That meant I got to kick back and enjoy a thunderstorm and a clean house!
Isn't it amazing how God sends us just what we need to keep pressing on at just the right time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...