Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lovely Days

I haven't posted anything in a while because, honestly, I haven't had time to write up anything really profound or thougth provoking and I tend to not post unless I have something signficant to say. However, I just had such a lovely day yesterday that I wanted to share it with you.



We all (well, the kids and I) slept in late...it was cloudy and gray all morning and it was ten o'clock before we were really up and about. I was thinking we need to do some school but not anything major since we were all in sort of a laid-back lazy mood. Right about that time, I heard the mail lady come, and when I checked the mail, what should I find but our "Complimentary Education Edition" of History Channel's 9 hour series America: The Story of Us. I was very happy last spring to see that they were offering it free to homeschoolers as well as public and private schools.





So, we spent our school hours watching the first section of this special (Rebels - covering Jamestown up through the beginnings of the Revolution), then a biography of Paul Revere we had in our Netflix instant queue. After that my dad showed up to tell me how his appointment with his worker's comp lawyer went, the kids played, Katy took an hour and a half long walk to collect leaves and acorns, and our day was complete.

Now, not every day can be like this, but it was perfect for us on this particular day.

I had dinner just about ready when Tony got home. After we ate, we all pulled out our Bibles and read two chapters in Joshua (ch. 4-5, the walls of Jericho came down!). Then we played a round of Apples to Apples Kids, then we walked to the library and spent about 45 minutes there and brought home 16 new books (in addition to the 25 we already have checked out, LOL). We just had time to play one more round of Apples to Apples before Jake's bedtime. Then Jake went to bed, the girls curled up with their new books, and Tony and I spent some time doing our couples' Bible study and then just talking.

This is life at our house, and it's lovely.

Tonight our adult Bible Study group starts back up (we stopped over the summer) and I am very much looking forward to going and having some good conversation - and good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...