Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mother Psalms

I am currently working on a project for a friend who is having a baby, and in the process of this project, I have been searching through the Psalms for Scriptures that can be related to motherhood. I found so many that are so amazing, I just have to share them!


Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

~Psalm 51:5-6

In other words: it's never too early to start teaching your children about God.


Unless the LORD builds the house,
the builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the guards stand watch in vain.

~Psalm 127:1


Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

~Psalm 34:11

In other words: Teach them diligently!


By wisdom a house is built,
and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled
with rare and beautiful treasures.

~Psalm 24:2-4

How are you "building" your house?


But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.

~Psalm 131:2


LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory
in the heavens.
Through the praise of children and infants
you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

~Psalm 8:1-2


Your sons will take the place of your fathers;
you will make them princes throughout the land.

I will perpetuate your memory through all generations;
therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever.

~Psalm 45:16-17



Blessed are those who fear the LORD,
who find great delight in his commands.

Their children will be mighty in the land;
the generation of the upright will be blessed.

~Psalm 112:1-2


And this is from Proverbs:

Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction
and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.

They are a garland to grace your head
and a chain to adorn your neck.

~Proverbs 1:8-9

1 comment:

  1. I'm spending a fun hour finding new homeschool blogs. It's really inspirational to see what's going on in this blogging world!
    Your collection of verses sound like the beginnings of such a lovely gift, I'm curious about what it will become.
    Will check back later...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...