Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Year Blog

Well, what a year it has been. Some pretty major milestones have been hit in my life over the past year. We moved into this house just before the year began, and a few weeks later I found out I was pregnant again two months after my miscarriage. A new house, a new life inside me...it looked to be a good year. Four major things have happened in this year, three good, one not so great:


March 23
Tony I celebrated our ten year anniversary.
In many ways it seems like we've been married forever - I can barely remember life before him,
but in other ways it seems like it cant' possibly have been ten years already. We have an awful lot of fun together :)


In April we found out that my mother had stage 3 rectal cancer. This is the not so good part. Chemo, radiation, surgery, recovery, and now she is in the midst of six more months of chemo. It's been a long hard road and it's not over yet, but we just keep trusting and praying.


June 6
I celebrated my 30th birthday! Yikes, I can't believe I'm so old. No, really, I remember thinking 30 was old. Now not so much! I feel great and am loving life!


September 12
After nine hours of labor and a few complication scares, I gave birth to my fourth child here on earth (plus one in heaven). My little love, Andrew Ian.


10 years of marriage, 30 years of living, and my fourth baby born, all in one year. There have been some tough times, with my mom's illness, financial issues and all the day-to-day stresses of life, but all in all it's been a good year. I'm still alive, I have a wonderful husband and amazing kids. Our dining table (made for six people) is finally full now that Andrew is here (no, that doesn't mean we're done having kids! But we will have to get a bigger table if we have more). I thank God for all the blessings He has heaped on me this year.

Looking to the new year, I do have a few "resolutions."

I want to plant a vegetable garden and eat more fresh foods around here.

I want to lose the 47 pounds that is standing between me and my wedding day weight (I have lost 34 pounds so far post-pregnancy and am determined to keep losing til I hit that magic number!)

I also have set myself a goal of making at least three quilts each month, two baby quilts and one twin or full/queen. I want to branch out into more complicated designs, the ones that scared me when I first started quilting but I think I'm ready to tackle now.

I have some resolutions are less tangible. Be more selfless. Be more forgiving. Be more patient, even when I've had no sleep and my head hurts. Trust God completely. You know, the (not so) easy stuff.

On behalf of all us here at the Crazy Mess Loud house, a message from our newest member:
2011 was a great year!
Here's to another great one in 2012!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...