Tuesday, January 24, 2012

His Mercies Are New Every Morning



Around 6:45 in the morning...

I'd just like to share with you all what I get to see every morning. Andrew gets up around 6:30, and around 6:45 the first lights begin to show in the eastern sky. As I sit in the rocking chair feeding him, I can look out our dining room window, facing east, and watch the sun rise. What makes this more touching is the fact that there is a church on the street behind ours, and as the sun comes up, the church's steeple makes a striking silhouette against the clouds. It's like every morning God reminds me that He made the whole world, He made the sun to rise, and He is right there with me for whatever the day might bring.



Around 7:15...

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
His mercies are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.
~Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...