Sunday, January 22, 2012

Trusting God with Family Size



The hardest thing we've ever done in our lives was to say, "OK, God, we give You control of our family size."

We don't have a lot of money.  Sometimes we go without what some people would consider essentials (funny how you realize how UNessential some things are).  But we've never been homeless.  We've never gone hungry.  Our kids have never been without diapers or medicine.  God has provided work bonuses, quilt orders, unexpected gifts, coupons, free samples, dinner offers, all kinds of things just when needed.
We've borrowed some here and there (but not nearly as much this past year as the last, and hopefully none this coming year!) but we always pay it back.

In addition to the actual physical provisions, He provides rest when I'm weary, comfort when I'm distressed, peace among the chaos.

Now, I am not one of those people who will tell you that you're going to hell if you don't have ten kids.  But I will tell you that when you let go and let God have control, you'll be amazed at how a situation that seems like it should be even harder than where you are now, will suddenly become so much easier than where you've ever been.

2 comments:

  1. It was such a relief for me when I finally relinquished control of my life to God. He certainly does it so much better, as I had created mess after mess trying to run things myself. I am faced with His pushing me to do things, now, that I have no idea how I will make a living, but I TRUST Him and am willing to walk the path that He is pointing to. Thank you for your post. It sums up a significant part of the relationship God wants us to have with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me what it comes down to is: If I trust God explicitly with something, I have complete faith that I will not be put to shame with that area of my life. There are scriptures (can't remember exactly where...maybe Psalms) that basically say that. When we trust Him, we will not be ashamed. And so far, with various completely different circumstances, He's proven faithful. The verses: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In ALL YOUR WAYS acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Are huge for me. Because if I trusted my own understanding where having kids were concerned, we would probably not have my beautiful 3rd child right now...just due to finances. I'm so thankful for him, and hope that if God wills, we may be blessed to care for another blessing in the future...my daughter really wants a sister...and if He chooses to bless us with many more after that, then I trust Him to provide all the finances and grace necessary to live our lives without starving or being overwhelmed constantly. Praise be to your Name, Precious Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...